Welcome to Wild Ozark™!
Wild Ozark is where my husband and I homestead and grow wild-simulated American ginseng. We operate a small ginseng and woodland plant nursery in northwest Arkansas. Our specialty is helping people establish natural American ginseng habitats for conservation and future sustainable profit. I’ll be bringing our plants, books, posters and information about ginseng to the Huntsville, Arkansas Farmer’s Market each spring. My name is Madison Woods. I write about what we do, take photographs of the incredible plants that live in these hills, spin fantastic tales influenced by our life here, and create beautiful books featuring the plants I’m glad to call my allies. All of it to help you reconnect to nature. Welcome to our website!
Quick Index to the Site
- go to our blog
- go to our books and products
- go to the ginseng information
- sign up for our nursery brochure/price-list
- sign up for our monthly newsletter
- go to my fiction website
- learn more about Wild Ozark™
Slow Index to the Site
1. Nature as Mother, Muse, Nurturer
- Nature Blogs – my collection of links from across the net to the blogs I enjoy. Submit yours or one you love in the comments of the Nature Blogs page.
- Reconnect to Nature - where I have an index to my own articles and links to headlines I’ve curated from across the web. Leave a comment to add suggestions to more links.
- Random Nature Connection – my weekly blog meme where I post a photo and topic prompt and invite others to join in and make a post on their blogs. Leave a link to your post in the comments for whichever topic you’ve blogged about!
This part of our website is still under construction, but we are taking mailing addresses for brochures/price lists. We’ll send these out in early spring, so go to the link and use the form to submit your information to get your copy.
- Brochure Mailing list
- Ginseng Plants
- Companion Plants
Keep up with new product releases, free offers, new stories: Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
7. Non-fiction/Fiction Inspired by Nature and the Ozarks
My fantasy website is where you’ll find podcasts, flash fiction, and more. Still working on this page, but some stories are uploaded now.
8. Contact Us
Wild Ozark, LLC is located in the Boston Mountains of the Ozarks. It’s part of an area called the Highlands found between Fayetteville and Harrison in Madison county, Arkansas (USA). Very remote, rugged and beautiful land. We’re not open to the public, but you can easily get in touch through email or the various social media. Our contact information and a contact form is on this page.
In spring we’ll be at the Huntsville, AR Farmer’s market beginning in April 2015. The operating days are usually Tuesdays 7-12 and possibly on Saturdays.
Local visitors: keep an eye on our Google Local Business Page ( Google+ ) for updates on dates/hours/offerings at the market.
Nature Writing by Madison Woods
Many of my blog posts are observations on nature, and oftentimes the focus is on plants. My specialty is American ginseng and the companion plants that live in the same habitat as ginseng. I have a new series of photo-essay books featuring these plants called “Into the Ginseng Wood”. They’re filled with beautiful images of the plants and nature of the deep woods of the Ozarks and serve as virtual herb or nature walks. The first one is called “Before the Unfurling” and it takes the reader into the woods just before ginseng begins to unfurl. I post a lot of photos of our beautiful surroundings on the blog and write about life on our homestead. But I also write fantasy stories and these are influenced or inspired by the things I see and experience out here in the wild Ozarks. Things that cause my imagination to stir. To learn more about how these hills and my life in the wilds influence my fiction writing, you can read this post called “My Ideas Come from the Gaps“. If you like fantasy/scifantasy fiction you might enjoy my fiction website.