Madison Woods, author, naturalist and wild ginseng advocate welcomes you to Wild Ozark!
We are bridging the gap between people and the natural world, reminding that we are part of a larger whole, celebrating through stories the imagination that knows all we see is not always all there is. Scifantasy stories and novels, nature articles and books, information about wild and wild-simulated ginseng and adventures in the wild Ozarks of northwest Arkansas.
Madison Woods is one half of the Wild Ozark team. She writes fiction and non-fiction. Her Story-telling is influenced by her life in the wilds of the Ozark mountains where she and her husband (the other half of the team) live in northwest Arkansas. The genre she writes is a blend of science-fiction and fantasy. Although her stories are almost always influenced by her strong connection to nature, and sometimes have settings in or in places similar, they’re not about the Ozarks. Rob is the head coffee bean procurer & roaster, rock retaining wall designer and builder, idea man, woodworking craftsman and is responsible for the creative engineering feats required to keep our homestead and business in order. When we get a few more of the critical homestead infrastructure projects marked off his list he’ll begin working on some more of the creative ideas he has to add to our catalog.
- Wild Ozark distributes Ginseng Information. Beginning in spring 2015, we’ll offer ginseng and companion plants for sale to local buyers. Once our nursery is certified, we’ll be able to ship to the continental U.S. Wild Ozark encourages landowners with proper habitats to grow virtually wild ginseng. Wild Ozark offers books to help with identifying proper habitat and also offers consultations (on site, online, and self-guided) to help others determine the best habitat on their land. For those of you interested in growing your own virtually-wild ginseng, here’s a FREE Tip sheet on what kind of areas make the best American ginseng habitat => Planning to Plant Ginseng … Please share!
- More Books are always on the horizon, but for now there are these: Sustainable Ginseng (about growing virtually wild ginseng), Wild Ozark Herbs (a Kindle picture book capturing the beauty of the Ozark plants), and 1 x 50 x 100, a collection of flash fiction stories by 50 different authors from around the world.
- At her Blog Madison shares the fun and adventure of a homesteading writer living in the rural Ozarks.
- Shop Wild Ozark for stories, information, and products inspired by our beautiful Ozark environment and our nature-based activities.
Get in touch or follow via the social medias:
- Spikenard, wild ginseng and Virginia snakeroot - 28 August 2014
- My Writing Process – Q & A of The Writing Process Blog Tour - 27 August 2014
- Little River – a book by James L’Etoile - 25 August 2014
- Black Cohosh – the next card in the set - 24 August 2014
- Bloodroot – Gathering Ginseng Companions - 22 August 2014
- A Song of Life by Margaret Warner Moreley - 19 August 2014
- Nature Journal – Orchids Aplenty! - 18 August 2014
- Trading Bounties – Eggs for Tomatoes - 17 August 2014
- Garden Journal: Seasonal Delights - 16 August 2014
- Homestead Journal: Online with Propane - 14 August 2014