Welcome to Wild Ozark!
We are bridging the gap between people and the natural world, reminding that we are part of a larger whole, celebrating through stories the imagination that knows all we see is not always all there is.
Click on the tiles that pique your interest. Each one brings you to the page about that topic.
- Madison Woods is one half of the Wild Ozark team. She writes fiction and non-fiction. Her Story-telling is influenced by her life in the wilds of the Ozark mountains where she and her husband (the other half of the team) live in northwest Arkansas. The genre she writes is a blend of science-fiction and fantasy. Although her stories are almost always influenced by her strong connection to nature, and sometimes have settings in or in places similar, they’re not about the Ozarks.
- Wild Ozark distributes Ginseng Information. While future plans involve offering ginseng and companion plants for sale to local buyers, the present offerings involve teaching others to grow their own virtually wild ginseng. Wild Ozark offers books to help with identifying proper habitat and also offers consultations (on site, online, and self-guided) to help others determine the best habitat on their land.
- Madison enjoys leading Nature/Herb Walks at the trails in their area. She also produces self-guided walks in PDF format for each of the trails, complete with GPS coordinates of the plants listed in the file. These will become available beginning in mid-to late April.
- More Books are always on the horizon, but for now there are these: Sustainable Ginseng (about growing virtually wild ginseng), Wild Ozark Herbs (a Kindle picture book capturing the beauty of the Ozark plants), and 1 x 50 x 100, a collection of flash fiction stories by 50 different authors from around the world.
- At her Blog Madison shares the fun and adventure of a homesteading writer living in the rural Ozarks.
- Shop Wild Ozark for stories, information, and products inspired by our beautiful Ozark environment and our nature-based activities.
Click here for more information!
To make sure you don’t miss out on anything, subscribe to our monthly newsletter by clicking the icon below. You’ll get a few small gifts for subscribing, but the best reason is because each month your inbox will open up to a world of adventure from the Wild Ozarks!
Our Social Media